Job Bargaining

When asked about your desired salary, ask them what the budget is. Don't accidently low ball yourself by not realizing your true value.

Maite

---

I don't like that approach, companies do the same.

When the decision was in my hands, I asked how much they were asking just to know if my budget sufficed, but I would always give them the most I can, because I alwayz expected the job to get done anyways.

When I negotiate for me, I simply state how much I earned in my previous job. Depending on their budget and the state of my debt, I have accepted less or rejected it. A few months ago they offered me less so I rejected. Then they started to counter offer more and more until reaching a ridiculous amount they could have offered since the beginning, but that gave me a bad impression so I still refused to accept.

I like games theory, it proves who we are, and if we take opportunities to abuse others or be abused. But we have to have healthy finances* if our purpose is to be strong and also transparent in that game. Urgency is a poison that weakens character.

Lennath Anaya

* Healthy finances include not brewding kids you don't already have a busget to support to.

Comentarios